Motivational Story – Power of Unity
- March 12, 2016
- Posted by: Parikshit Jobanputra
- Category: Relationship / Family
The world of sales can be full on negative attitude. People are envious of each other´s achievements and it isn´t unheard of that someone tries to steal another´s client. It is thought of as almost a given that this happens – but it will backfire if continued. It results in quarrels and the community spirit is soon a memory only. Here is an inspirational short story about this issue.
Today, I am sharing a story on unity, which my mother used to tell me in my childhood. It was a story of a father and his sons who kept quarreling with each other no matter what the father did. So he decided that because they were not listening to his words, he would show them in a practical way how they were hurting themselves with their negative attitude.
He asked the sons to bring him a bundle of sticks. This they did and waited to hear what their father had to say. The father put the big bundle in their hands and asked them to break it. Each had their own turn.
No matter how hard they tried, the bundle did not break.
Then the father opened the bundle and gave each of his sons a separate stick and asked them to try again. This time the sticks broke easily.
The father then said; “Think that you are like these sticks. If you stick together and assist one another, you are like a thick bundle of sticks that others cannot break. But if you are divided and separated from each other, you can be broken as easily as these sticks.”
Lessons from the story:
- You may think negative attitude isn’t hurting you, but it causes your co-workers to leave their jobs. And this is not a case of out of sight, out of mind. Those people go work elsewhere and they spread the word of how they were treated. Your own names may pop up in those conversations and that may be enough to ruin a future deal or stop you from getting a job in the future.
- It is in your best interest to start working together. Or if you cannot stop stealing the fruits of someone else´s labour or stop talking bad things about people behind their backs, just be certain you shall meet your own deeds in the future. You see: if you talk bad things about someone behind their back, everyone will realize you will probably do the same about them. No surprise then that they do not wish to work with you in the future. And so your own negative attitude is stealing the good things from your life.
- In this day and age you would be wise to try to search for positive things about your co-workers and together decide you shall work honestly from now on wards.
- If your workplace has a negative attitude, why don´t you make yourself a little bundle of sticks and keep it on your desk to remind yourself of the value of team work? And use the same method as in Anger Management Tips to deal with annoying people.
- The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step. And if at the other end of that road a positive workplace awaits you – it is certainly worth starting that journey.
Start your day with Motivational Tips on your Mobile @ Rs. 500/- annually Call Now: 08000333666