Successful Parenting Tips – how you can help your child during exams
- March 18, 2016
- Posted by: Parikshit Jobanputra
- Category: Study / Exams
When it comes to exam time, there are some simple Parenting Tips – how you can help your child during exams
- While Child is going to Exam, Give him/her “JADU KI JAPPI”, Wish best luck & send him/her happily. In any situation do not make unhappy.
- Remain calm and relaxed when talking with your child. Be supportive.
- NOW, No negative statements, even if paper has been extremely bad. Do not hurt the child’s self esteem.
- Speak openly to you child so that s/he feels that safe to share EXAM problems with u. This will maintain a good relation between u & child.
- Parents need to reduce their own stress levels associated with their children’s exam times, so focus on what works best for you in this regard. Perhaps go for a walk, play a sport or any activity that can release nervous tension and distract the mind.
- Discuss the paper just finished only to the extent that helps with preparing for the next. Focus on solutions & corrective action.
- Depending on your child’s levels of organisation, it might be helpful to go through their study plan, helping them to break up their work into manageable pieces and making sure they schedule enough social time for a healthy balance.
- Do not blame your child if he gets low marks. Instead, give him feeling that u will be always with him. This will increase his confidence.
- Listen to your child’s EXAM related worries, problems and interests without criticizing him/her.
- Ensure your child is eating normally. Often exam pressures mean your child eats snack foods and misses out on a nutritious and balanced diet.
- Allow your child to play. This will have a +ve effect on your child’s personality. Remember,sound mind in sound body is the best combination for the EXAMS.
- During Exams, Avoid fried & Junk food. Give him more curd, milk, honey, Fruits Etc. Allow him/her to sleep at least 6-7 hours a day.
- Don’t be Worried about EXAM, your child will feel your anxiety & that will make your child nervous & unsure of his own capabilities & preparation.
- During EXAMS kids tend to either eat less or more food. Watch out for both kinds of symptoms.Invest time & energy in cooking healthy favourite foods.
- Try not to make too many demands on your child at this time as any ensuing arguments will be entirely counterproductive. That said children still have responsibilities they need to maintain.
- Try to listen, absorb, and contain the distress of your child through affirmation and reassurance. Make sure they know that their worth to you and others is separate from their achievements.
- while you encourage the kid to follow the routine make sure that you do not end up screaming when the kid relaxes. Be patient!
- Most of all make sure your child knows you are there to support them unconditionally regardless of the exam results.
& remember again, While Child is going to Exam, Give him“JADU KI JAPPI”, Wish best luck & send him happily for the exams…
– Parikshit Jobanputra – Life Coach & Motivational Speaker
You may watch Enjoy your exams seminar by Parikshit Jobanputra
kindly share this article & help other parents to help their children…
and most important thing is Subscribe our Daily Motivation Emailer !